Nappy New Year Beauties!! As you go into 2014 here are 10 to do’s for your natural hair journey:
1. Love YOUR natural hair. Don’t fill up with hair envy. Love the tresses God blessed you with. It’s more beautiful than you realize.
2. Don’t take your natural hair journey so serious. Loosen up a little! Unless you’re a chemist and love the science of black hair don’t stress yourself out over making your own Shea butter or custards.
3. Have FUN with your hair. ‘Nuff said
4. Learn more about your natural hair texture. The more you know about your tresses, the better equipped you’ll be to keep it healthy and help it grow.
5. Try new products. Don’t be afraid to try a new product or hair line. You could be missing out!
6. Try new styles as your hair grows. Half the fun of having natural hair is the versatility it offers. Get creative with your curls.
7. Encourage other women wanting to go natural. Be someone’s motivation. Remind them of their beauty and encourage them to get aquatinted with their kinks.
8. Do NOT be a big chop bully. Be sensitive with your transitioning friends! Don’t push them to big chop if they’re not ready.
9. Use what you’ve learned in 2013 to take better care of your tresses. If you’re anything like me you had a lot of hair trial and error last year. Let’s do better this year.
10. Do NOT underestimate the importance of curly support. Stay encouraged on your natural hair journey. It is critical, especially in the early staged. I’ll be here to keep you motivated :o)