Happy Friday Luvs!
Super late blog post tonight but I had to share my new pantry organization with you all. I’ve been wanting to get things more organized at home and I’ve finally taken the plunge by designating a project space and just going for it!
I wanted to start with a space that when organized would benefit the whole family so the pantry seemed like the perfect space. I neglected to take a true before photo, so the one below will have to suffice. In this photo I had already cleaned out the very bottom, which was a mess, and started organizing the third row.
As you can see there was no method to my previous madness, and as a result I really had no idea how much food I actually had in my pantry!
So, I began by determining what type of storage pieces would serve as a solution to this disaster of a space. Big Lots, Dollar Tree and Walmart were my go to stores for getting what I needed. The clear bins pictured above are from Big Lots. The teal canvas bins and teal cereal containers below are from Walmart. And the other plastic bins are from Dollar Tree. I stuck with teal and red for pops of color since those colors are consistent with my living room which is right off of the Kitchen.
I pulled everything out of the bottom of my pantry which had become a storage space for pretty much anything. My little person helped me go through everything
After I got through that I went on to pairing like items in each bin. This is when I realized how much food we had! It was crazy to see just how much we had been over purchasing. After two days of hard work I completed our new pantry organization and couldn’t be happier.
I’m so excited I just leave the doors open since the colors flow so nicely with my family room decor. The black chalk name tags are from Walmart.?I spent roughly $50 to complete this project. I’m so inspired and ready to move on to the next space. Stay tuned!
Hello my luvs!
I’m so excited to share my first print feature in a major publication with you all today. Sophisticate’s Black Hair Magazine is the go-to publication for everything black hair. They feature some of the most amazing styles for all types of hair from natural to relaxed.
One of my biggest goals for the year was to get a print feature in a magazine, so you can imagine my excitement when earlier this year Sophisticate’s Black Hair Magazine sent me a message on Instagram requesting photos. I was so shocked! I immediately went to work putting together pictures for some quick, creative looks that captivate. I had just cut my hair to start the restoration from my hair color damage so my hair was shorter than usual. I managed to still pull off some really nice styles that I sent over hoping they would love them.
Every month that passed I would purchase this amazing publication full of trending and forward styles wondering if I would see my face. This past Sunday, that day came!
You should have seen me in Publix trying to FaceTime hubby. It was hilarious! Almost a full page dedicated to one of MY hairstyles. I immediately took to my social networks to share the news and glorify God.
It’s so surreal seeing my face in a major print publication. I’m so excited to have reached this milestone and can’t wait to see what God has in store next.
If you are striving for something, keep going and keep believing! Faith without work is dead. Do your best, do what you love and watch God move in your favor.
Be sure to pick up the November issue of Sophisticate’s Black Hair Magazine! I’m on page 72.
Happy Monday Beauties!
I hope everyone had a great weekend. Outside of some family quality time and an amazing church service, I spent a lot of my time planning for the week with my new planner by ban.do.
I’ve been looking for a really cool planner to help me keep track of life and I found it during my NY trip in Macy’s! I am loving this planner. Every time I open it, I get excited about planning. It has tons of fun stickers, a secret meaningless but super cute code, and lots of motivation! Take a look at all of this coolness.
From, upcoming blog posts, YouTube videos I need to film, Zavien’s baseball games to date nights, I’m putting everything in this planner. The idea is to be productive and not just busy. So, here’s to being more organized and having more fun getting there!
You can find this super cool planner here.
I’ve been doing quite a bit of traveling over the past couple of months to Tampa, Vegas and then New Orleans. And, with planning my Fearless Textures tour and every day mommy and wife stuff I’ve been pretty busy. Then, on top of that, when I got back from New Orleans last weekend we all faced a week full of tragedies that took a big emotional toll on me and the rest of the world.
As a result of all of this I’ve been feeling a little disconnected from my luvs!
So, I just wanted to share a little life update video with you all. If you want to check it out just click here.
Good morning luvs!
Today I’ve got a get ready with me chit chat kind of video for you. Watch me transform into this complete look and talk about prayer strategy, brand deals, my meet up and more! Go grab a cup of coffee and click here.
Today I’ve got a video about the 5 key things I did to retire from Corporate America. Check it out here.
Last Friday I shared some Big News on my social networks. I am soooo excited about the amazing start this year is having! Get all the deets on my big news below.
So, you know how when you get glamed up you FEEL stunning? Well, the same thing goes with fealing fearless! A big part of my holiday series which you can read more about here, is about embracing our fears. Not just on your natural hair journey but in other areas of your life as well. I don’t want us to just carry the desire to be fearless, but rather to actually take action towards relinquishing our fears and going for it! The new year is fast approaching and there is no time like the present to confront your fears, whatever they may be, and do something about them.
So, to give you all a some encouragement and Christian inspiration, put your fearless faces on and check out this great Curly Christians read on letting your faith be bigger than your fears here.
Coming up with a different style every single day definitely isn’t easy but boy do I love the challenge. As I’m sure you can imagine the inspiration to do something like that has to come from somewhere. Well, today I want to share with you all where I get my creative inspiration.
1. Creative styles by others – so there aren’t a whole lot of naturals that focus on creative updos (at least not that I’ve found). But there are a few Instagram accounts that I do pull inspiration from. The following ladies are always very innovative and unique with their styles which is right up my ally! There looks always get my creative juices flowing.
2. Shapes – Sounds simplye but I’m often inspired by different shapes and how I can incorporate them in my styles. You can learn more about how I do that here.
3. ME – So, I get that it may sound a tad narcissistic when I say that I am my own inspiration but, it’s true! I can’t tell you how often I go through my social feeds looking at old styles that I’ve done and get inspired to do something new. Every day! It’s like an ongoing competition with myself. A healthy competition, but a competition nonetheless :o)
That’s it you guys! These 3 simple sources of inspiration help me create each of my unique styles every day. For more insight on how I come up with my creative styles check out this YouTube video here.
This weekend I celebrated 4 amazing years of being natural!! I can’t believe how fast the time has gone by. I’ve had so much fun along this journey. I can honestly say that making the decision to embrace my natural hair is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. To commemorate my 4 year natural hair anniversary, here are 4 reasons why this was one of my best decisions ever:
1. This journey has opened my eyes to gifts and talents that I never knew I was blessed with. Who knew how good I was at hairstyling?! I never thought I could be so innovative and creative when it comes to hair. And to add icing to the cake I truly enjoy it!
2. I can’t tell you all how much I DO NOT miss relaxed hair! Seriously! One of the things I love most about my natural hair is the versatility and endless options for styling. I never realized how limited I was with relaxed hair.
3. Never would I have thought that going natural would lead me right into one of my greatest life purposes, Curly Christians. This platform & network is bridging the gap between natural hair, fashion and the gospel of Christ. I am so honored that God entrusted this entity to me.
4. Lastly, this natural hair journey has given me a big opportunity to inspire thousands and thousands of people. Being an inspiration for other women is an amazing thing. I don’t take it lightly.
That’s it! 4 years, 4 reasons why being natural has made my life so much better. Let’s see what another year of natural will uncover!