My most frequently asked question has to be “How do you come up with all these styles!?” Well, I’m finally answering the question in my new YouTube Video: My 3 Keys To Developing Creative Styles. Check it out here and unleash your own creativity!
Heres a quick recap of this week’s hair!
Tuesday – Faux Bob
Wednesday – Twister Part II
Thursday – Front Flat Twist & Side Pompadour
Friday – Twist Out Roll & Tuck
So, this week’s best according to Instagram likes is Monday hair. I however think that the shape from Friday’s hair was amazing! Although I adored my faux bob from Tuesday the Friday Twist Out Roll & Tuck is my vote for this week’s best. Which look is your favorite?
I hope everyone’s ready to celebrate the birth of Jesus!! I know I am. I so love this time of year ❤
I wanted to do a quick blog post highlighting my crazy cool features by the Curlbox Crew. Curlbox is one of my absolute favorite Instagrm accounts to follow. They feature some of the most amazing natural hair pics. So when I saw that I was featured on one of their “Insta Talk” posts about holiday hairstyles last week I was pretty excited.
This was a look from last week that I did on flat ironed hair. It’s a total of two flat twists. Looks complex but not so much. Here are a few more pics.
And if that wasn’t enough I found out today that I was featured again on the Curlbox blog 5 Fab Holiday Styles. Check it out herehttps://www.facebook.com/curlbox/posts/694325210683844:0
This is my go to straight hair side flat twist. So excited for this great company to be leveraging my styles to inspire the natural hair community. I’m on the waiting list to start getting my own Curlbox. Can’t wait! To find out more about Curlbox click here.
Good morning loves!
I’ve gotten a lot of requests for a “how to” on today’s hair. If you’re a visual learner like me I first want to say YouTube videos will be coming soon! Promise. In the mean time try to use your imagination along with the final result pics.
Ok, here’s how I did it:
1. I started with stretched hair and prepped using Shea Moisture’s Style & Curl Milk.
2. Because I’m still so in love with my undercut I started by brushing all of my hair to the left side of my head, and in the back I began tucking my hair under starting from right to left.
3. When I got around by my left ear I stopped tucking and secured my hair with three bobby pins.
4. For the large section that was still out in the front I smoothed all of the hair down and began to flat twist my hair back using large sections. With each twist I grabbed another large section of hair and continued doing this until there was no hair left.
5. Lastly, I took the end of my flat twist and tucked it up securing it with a bobby pin.
That’s it. I promise it is much easier than it looks! Here are some pics.
With my hair of course! You all know how much I loved twisted updo’s. Honestly, I can’t see that ever changing…unless I decide to do another full big chop. There is just so much versatility and opportunity for awesome styles. The options are endless because I am the architect! Before I go on and on about the awesomeness of twisted updo’s (which I easily can!) here’s a look at a couple of my creations this week. Hope you like them!