Happy Hump Day Luvs!
You all know how much I adore statement hair. Today I’ve got a statement style that is quick, creative and captivating. Check out this statement French Roll with a Twist
I love the idea of taking a classic French Roll and modifying it into a more unique style. Of course I’ve got a quick tutorial on how to achieve this side French Roll with a twist. Click here to check it out.
Well that’s it for now!
Good morning luvs!
Today I’ve got the step by step for another statement style. This French roll totally helped me get my life this week. And my ginger blonde and intensive red hair color really set it off.
This bold look was quick and easy to achieve. If you want to see exactly how I got it click here.
I absolutely adore the look of structured hairstyles. They’re so clean and sleek. Last week I decided to rock a structured style of my own with this mega French roll.
This is just one of many structured styles of mine but a lot of them tend to be French rolls. Although they may seem limited in versatility there are tons of ways to wear them. Check out more on the versatility of French rolls here.
As for this look. Love, love it!
Today I wanted to share 3 eye-catching French rolls with you along with how-to’s for each look.
I love French rolls because they are extremely dynamic. You can always find a new way to style a French roll. Here are a few different styles I’ve come up with on both stretched and straightened hair and tutorials for each. And for more styles & tricks and tips to French roll versatility click here. Enjoy!
The Mega Side French Roll
Click here to see how I got this look
The French Roll with a Twist
Click here to see how I got this look
The Flat Twist Framed French Roll
Click here to see how I got this look. Tutorial starts at 3:26
Good morning beauties!
Today I’ve got a video tutorial for the second top voted style from last week. I played with some different straight hair styles and this one got a lot of attention.
It was one of my favorites because of the chic look and the fact that it took 3 minutes tops!
As for a styling product, this OFX Beauty B5 Weightless Oil Mist is the only thing I used. LOVE this stuff for my straightened hair.
Check out the short DIY video tutorial for this French roll with a twist here.
Today I want to talk about 3 easy ways to take your hair styles higher! Ya’ll know how much I love high hair. It has so much presence. It’s daring, bold and down right fierce! I use a few key methods to achieve high hair that I want to share with you today, all which I’m able to get the most height out of when I style with completely dry stretched hair.
1. Pompadours: This is probably the easiest way that I achieve high hair. My pompadour method is quick and easy and the hight can be adjusted easily. To see A video tutorial of my go-to pompadour method click here. If you want to surpass my rambling just skip to about 4:25 into the video :o)
2. French roll: The thing I love most about french rolls is the opportunity for versatility, which you can read more about here. Some of my highest hairstyles have been achieved with different french roll variations. The hight is achieved in how high you gather the hair and how loose you roll and tuck the hair
3. Loose flat twists: You can do a million and one things with flat twists, including create high hair! Loosely flat twisting a section of hair up front allows you to form and adjust the hight of your hair easily.
So, next time you’re looking for a style that will command attention, consider taking your natural hair higher with one of these styling methods.
Today I’m bringing back my best looks of the week tutorial! Click the link below to check out this video to see how I got these two great styles I created last week.
Good morning Luvs!!
So earlier this week I decided on a sleek French roll style. I’ve done this style before but whenever I do it, it looks different every time. That effort is of course intentional! I love taking a look and seeing what kind of versatility I can add to it. The overall look is super easy to achieve and is a fun yet classic style to wear.
The trick to the versatility is all in the shape. The direction you roll and tuck the hair and how tight or loose you roll and tuck the hair all contribute to making the style different each time. Here are a few pics of some different French roll styles I’ve come up with and tips for each look
1. For this look I started the hair slightly off to the left and tucked fairly tight and straight back. My hair was dry but only slightly stretched for this look.
2. I used completely dry stretched hair for this look. I smoothed the hair off to the left and tucked and rolled the hair loosely to help with the shape. The direction was from the left to the center of my head in the back.
3. For this look the hair was dry and completely stretched. I rolled and tightly tucked the hair immediately and carried through straight back.
4. This one is my favorite. I started by pulling the hair to the left in a bit of a swirl. I tucked the hair in a very compact but high roll going diagonally. The hair was again dry and completely stretched. Absolutely loved the shape!
For deets on how I stretch my hair heat free check out the link to my YouTube video on my entire process here: http://youtu.be/NUa_IKUgJnE