Last Friday I shared some Big News on my social networks. I am soooo excited about the amazing start this year is having! Get all the deets on my big news below.
My Come Through Holiday Series continues with another great DIY tutorial. This time I’ve got some gorgeous Flexi Rod cluster curls achieved with a combination of Lottabody products. Look at these big soft curls!
This style is perfect for your casual holiday get togethers. Want the deets on how I got this look? Click here.
The fall/winter seasons are probably the most common time of year for naturals to straighten their hair, simply because the humidity isn’t as high and there’s more of a chance for straight hair to last. Well, this weekend I decided that I would also take advantage of the season. The result, this awesomeness.
I did video tape the process but that will come later. Today, I want to talk about the real reason so many naturals get bored with their hair when it’s straight and how to overcome that. Most naturals think that straight hair is boring, but the reality is, what they’re doing with their straightened hair is boring!
Although we love the short term change of having straight hair, when you’re used to dealing with highly textured hair it is really easy to be underwhelmed with flat, limp hair. I never have this problem and here’s why:
1. Mindset! Rather than thinking about all the things I can’t do with my hair because it’s straight, I think about all the things I can do because it is!
2. I look at straight hair as an opportunity to achieve a completely different look on a style I’ve already done. A style done on highly textured hair vs. straight hair looks completely different!
3. I don’t straighten my hair just to wear it down! This is where most naturals go wrong. If you straighten your hair just to wear it down of course you’re going to get bored! There are no kinks, curls or texture to keep you entertained. I straighten my hair to open up the opportunities for styling. I almost never wear my straight hair down.
This year, try getting creative with your straight hair. Really embrace the luxury of natural hair versatility. Here are some styles to get you inspired
As a part of my Come Through Holiday Hair Series I wanted to talk about a super simple style with tons of versatility and opportunity to customize to your personal style, top knots! This look is commonly used as a go to style for lazy hair days but can totally work for your holiday event hair.
Here are 3 tips and top knots to inspire you in creating your own Tip Top Holiday Hair look
1. Don’t be afraid if your top knot is off center. I chose this look today and am in love with its character!
2. My twist, pull & pin technique works perfectly for a top knot! Just twist 2 or more sections of the ponytail, pull them in various directions and secure with bobby pins.
That’s it! Three easy styles for your upcoming holiday events.