Last week I was sort of a slacker on my water intake so this weekend I’ve been on a serious H2O flow. Generally speaking I think most people, including myself understand the importance of water and why it’s so important to drink a sufficient amount on a daily basis. I don’t know about you but even given that understanding I still don’t always drink enough. I’m fortunate that I actually enjoy the taste of water. For me, the problem is that the day gets away from me before I’ve realized that I’ve hardly drank any. Totally unacceptable! Well, my hair challenge has given me another reason to remind myself of why water is so important, specifically for my natural hair growth.
- Our bodies are made up of about 60% water and we need it to maintain overall health.
- One quarter of our hair strand’s weight is made up of water.
- Water is the main source of energy for hair cells.
- Water intake helps hydrates the body and helps to regulate the circulatory system. This feeds the hair follicle, and stimulates hair growth.
- Drink 8 to 10 cups of water a day to stay hydrate.
- Applying water to the hair is a big key to mitigating hair damage when it’s handled. It makes hair softer and more elastic.
At the end of the day the thing to remember is that you need to be hydrated inside and out to keep your hair healthy. I definitely plan to continue my H2O flow throughout this hair challenge and beyond. Guess that’s it for now. Off to have a glass of water before I shut it down for the night. Be You Beauties!
One thought on “Helping my hair grow with H2O”
Reblogged this on Natural Hair Care Tips and commented:
We have the same remedy as well, helping my hair with water to have a healthy and nice hair all day long