Twists or twists outs? That’s the question for today! The answer isn’t quite that simple however. Let’s talk about the pros and cons of each.
Pros of Twists
1. I love the look – Generally speaking I love the way twists lookM on me.
2. They’re protective and give my hair a break – Lets face it, sometimes even I get tired of styling my hair. This is a great way to give it a break and its a great protective style! Twists are very low maintenance not requiring much at all.
3. They’re still versatile – I still have the luxury of being able to style twists which helps me not to get bored
1. Limited styling capability – Although I’m able to get a little creative with styling my twists I am definitely limited. I can’t do nearly as many creative styles as I can with a twist out.
2. I miss my texture – After about a week or so of wearing twists I very genuinely start missing my texture. I crave my chunky twisted updos
Pros of twist outs
1. Definition – I do enjoy curl defining styles every once in a while and this is probably the easiest way for me to achieve some great curl definition.
2. Unlimited styling capability – There is no end to styling options when working with a twist out
3. Fairly protective – although they don’t offer the same level of protectiveness or low maintenance as twists, twist out updos are still fairly protective.
Cons of twist outs
1. Longer to style – I don’t often care to wear my twist outs out. 90% of the time I style them in updos which believe it or not it always takes me a bit longer to style. I fight against the definition to get the shapes I want which means I end up using a ton of bobby pins.
So….as for preference, I honestly can’t chose! I love both of these styles. It really just depends on what I’m in the mood for. You’ll definitely continue to see me rock twists and twist outs.
What’s your preference?