Bantu Knot Out Fail & Recovery

On the Curly Christians blog last month I did a post about the art of bantu knot outs. I have to admit, bantu knot outs is not an art that I have quite figured out yet. Yesterday I sported what I’d say was a solid attempt at a classic bantu knot style…after my initial style attempt failed. Let me take you through the evolution of the style.

I started with dry stretched hair. I used Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk and Eco Styler Gel to do my knots.


I slept with a satin scarf and after an uncomfortable night sleep (these things are a beast to sleep on!) I went to work at unravelling the knots. At first glance they looked to have taken pretty well. So naturally I was excited!



Then, as I started carefully separating them things started to go downhill. They did not separate with ease as I hoped and as a result the ends started to get frizzy. I tried to just go with it. Got all the way to work, took a couple of pics and quickly realized it just wasn’t working for me.



Soooo…I quickly improvised. I grabbed a couple of bobby pins and tucked the ends under. I managed to find a super quick and easy way to turn my frizzy not so awesome bantu knot out into a solid attempt at a classic style. Best I could do…considering.




I suppose I’ll just keep working at this bantu knot out thing until I get it down. Let me know if you have any tips!


2 thoughts on “Bantu Knot Out Fail & Recovery”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s